Exide Batteries is a leader in providing stored electrical energy solutions for Automotive and Transportation applications. Our significant product innovations and recognised brand have led us to be market leaders in Australia and New Zealand
Exide Batteries manufacture a range of product from their facility in Edinburgh North, South Australia and is one of the largest suppliers to the vehicle manufacturers based in Australia and the technology exchange enables Exide Batteries to remain at the forefront of meeting the needs of new vehicles.
We also make a serious commitment to our staff in the form of career path planning and ongoing company wide improvement training. We recognise that staff at all levels have an important role to play in the development and positive progression of our business.
Exide Batteries is an accredited ISO 9002 supplier (December 1992) and holder of ISO/TS 16949:2002, certified 13 Sept 2005 and covers the Quality Management System for design, manufacture, sales and distribution of lead acid batteries.
To our future, our aims and objectives are to further develop an already high level of service and customer satisfaction.
Exide batteries have been made and distributed for over 75 years and are widely available through select major retailers throughout Australia and New Zealand. Our Australian Made range is designed specifically to meet local conditions and our 'Exide Extra' range of calcium AG9 products are at the forefront of modern battery technology, backed by Australia's leading original equipment manufacturers.
Whenever your see Exide Batteries, you can be assured of quality, technology and reliability. Exide's battery range covers all types of applications including car, 4WD, light commercial, truck, cycling, marine and motorcycle to name just a few. No matter whether you want to fit yourself, or get an expert to do it for you, go for the trusted name that delivers ever reliable starting power and unsurpassed performance in every way - Exide Batteries, everything starts with an Exide Battery.
- 1891 - Chloride Electrical Storage Company Ltd, UK founded
- 1905 - Chloride exported batteries to Australia under the Exide brand
- 1930 - Chloride commenced manufacturing in Australia in Leichardt, Sydney
- 1935 - GL Thompson began the Marshall Battery manufacturing Company in Canterbury, Sydney
- 1948 - Dunlop established a green-fields battery manufacturing facility in Sandringham, Victoria
- 1961 - Marshall pioneered the roadside battery service "Holler for a Marshall"
- 1968 - Dunlop acquired Marshall Batteries
- 1982 - Dunlop established the new Pulsar battery plant at Geelong, Victoria
- 1986 - Dunlop acquired Chloride Batteries Australia & New Zealand and amalgamated both battery companies
- 1987 - Dunlop acquired GNB Technologies USA
- 1989 - The battery division consolidated manufacturing operations into Elizabeth, South Australia
- 1994 - The company changed its name from Pacific Dunlop Batteries to GNB Technologies
- 1995 - Purchased Australian Battery Company to expand its distribution
- 2000 - Pacific Dunlop sold its battery division to Exide Technologies USA
- 2010 - Joined as major partner to the 'Australian Made' campaign
- 2011 - Presented with the Toyota Presidents Award for Design Innovation
Flick through our gallery below of some of our proud history and achievements, including an electric car that recharges from a parking meter.
Exide Batteries has a long history of supplying Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in Australia. OEM usually translates in the automotive market to the item you are buying will be to the same type or standardas that originally fitted to the vehicle.
Over the years Exide has supplied batteries to most Australian OEM’s and currently supply Holden & Toyota. In 2011 Exide were awarded the Toyota Presidents Award for its OEM battery in the Toyota Camry. This close relationship with leading OEMs allows Exide to be at the forefront of latest automotive battery developments including the participation in extensive global research and development.
The high quality standards demanded by OEMs is achieved in our TS16949 certified manufacturing facility in Edinburgh North, South Australia. The Exide Batteries Australian plant is also certified to ISO14001 environmental standard demonstrating Exide Batteries commitment to protecting the environment and ensuring a sustainable future.
Benefits of Exide Batteries relationship with OEMs are not restricted just to OEMs customers as improved process and design ideas flow into all Exide Batteries delivering optimum products to all customers.
Exide Batteries conscientiously applies a comprehensive business approach called Total Battery Management™ (TBM), that plays a leading role in one of Australia and New Zealand’s most effective and successful recycling programs.
TBM encompasses manufacturing and distribution of lead-acid batteries, responsible collection and storage of spent batteries, safe transportation and reclamation of battery materials and use of those materials in the production of new batteries.
This investment underlines the commitment by Exide Batteries to a true recycling outcome to benefit our global communities.
Exide Batteries are 98% recyclable. Help us protect the environment and support Exide Batteries by recycling spent and used batteries and returning them to one of our Battery Collection Centres.
Exide Batteries value and make a serious commitment to our staff in the form of career path planning and ongoing company-wide improvement training.
We recognise that our staff at all levels have an important role to play in the development and positive progression of our business. Exide Batteries is currently recruiting the following positions, please click on the appropriate position to find out more about the role.
All products are manufactured and distributed to meet the highest quality standard and meet or exceed the Australian Standard 2149.
Exide Batteries holds the following accreditation from SAI-Global Assurance Services ISO/TS16949, ISO9001, ISO14001 and complies with AS4801 standards. Continuing recognition from major vehicle manufacture like Mitsubishi, Toyota and Holden.
Exide Batteries are proud supporters of the Australian Made campaign. Our range of EXTRA and EXTREME batteries carry the official Australian Made logo to clearly stand out as designed, built and used by Australians to handle the vast array of tough local conditions.
- PRESS RELEASE: Battery Company to Cease Local Manufacturing 31-Jan-2014
- Introducing the Powerider Range 28-Aug-2013
- World Heli Challenge 2013 01-Aug-2013
- PRESS RELEASE - New Owner For Iconic Battery Brands - Exide & Marshall 06-Feb-2013
- The ultimate power now comes with more heart 08-Nov-2012